A Topology-based Handheld Food Classification System v1.1 (proposed)
- Sandwich = two+ distinct manifolds (surfaces with boundaries aka edges) of carbohydrates on either side of a filling
- Layered items = one distinct surface with topping on one side of the surface
- Wrap = Filling is semi-enclosed by a surface
- Dumpling = Totally closed carb surface that encapsulates a filling
- Aggregate = A volume with voids containing bits of filling
Fun fact: When a Taco Bell hard-shell taco breaks along its spine during eating (and it will), it transitions from a Wrap to a Sandwich!
Hey, you look like you could use a new T-shirt.
(c) 2015 Fancyham.com